PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Point-edited floor won't host railing?

patricks
2011-09-28, 09:03 PM
I have a point-edited floor slab, and am trying to host a railing to it. The slab is a few inches below my finished floor level at all locations. The railing is hosted to the floor level, but won't go below the floor level and host from the floor object no matter how many times I try to edit the rail and Pick New Host. Is this just not possible?

renogreen
2011-09-28, 11:10 PM
One of the constraints for railings is Base Offset. Why not offset the base of the railing the few inches you need?

Exar Kun
2011-09-29, 06:04 AM
If you mean you've edited the sub-elements on the floor then no, it's not possible to host the railing. It'll host to a sloped floor, however.

patricks
2011-09-30, 01:52 PM
One of the constraints for railings is Base Offset. Why not offset the base of the railing the few inches you need?

This worked, but I also had to adjust the rail heights the corresponding amount that I dropped the base offset. This is okay since it's only this one rail. But if I had numerous rails with different offsets, I would end up having to make a different rail type for each and ever offset height. NOT a good prospect there.