PDA

View Full Version : Door tags

The Monk
2011-09-29, 02:14 PM
Has anyone created a door tag which will show the door number and door type?

Thanks,

cdatechguy
2011-09-29, 02:44 PM
What exactly are you looking for when you say "Door Type"?

You can add another label such as Type Name, or Type Mark or just the Family Name...so it depends on how you name your doors on how something will get tagged.

Texan1
2011-09-30, 01:16 PM
#Monk,

Several years ago, I created a Door Symbol Block, which we use daily. This was created to reduce coordination time; it contains 16 different attributes; which includes Door Types, Fire Rating and Door Hardware too! The circle and the number are only visible.

One we have inserted and completed these with its information, we use Data Extraction; from there we setup the extracted data to be inserted into our Schedules (Room Finish and Windows alike). This is AutoCAD's greatest feature; because these schedules will automatically update themselves from the Floor Plan or any sheet for that matter.

Our Schedules only get a cursory review, but any changes we revert back to the original source, in this case the Floor Plan....Tabbing Screens between open files makes this possible, including the coordination too!

We also use the FIELD command for the Detail and Sheet Numbers, where the Head, Jamb and Sill Details are located....if this ever changes (i.e. Sheet Number or Detail Number) this updates automatically as well.

So, we have been doing for several years. Once you set up your Schedules like we have, you will have more time to Design and make more money (AKA – Profit)!!!

Good Luck!

The Monk
2011-12-15, 10:26 PM
MP,

I ended up creating a new parameter that I can fill in. That works along with the scheduling key function. A little more labor but the results seems to work well.

Thanks for your help,

John