PDA

View Full Version : Scott Womack passes away

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-09-29, 11:54 PM
I recently heard of the passing of Scott Womack via Klaus Munkholm on Revit forums. I had the pleasure of meeting him one year at AU but can't claim that I knew him well.
I just wanted to acknowledge his contributions to the Revit community and this forum in particular. My condolences to his family and others who knew him.

HARMONY, PA: Scott R. Womack, AIA, 52, of Harmony, PA, passed away Saturday, September 10, 2011 following a courageous battle with cancer.

Scott was born in Fort Wayne, IN and reared in Northeast OH. He was a graduate of Kent State University with degrees in Architecture and Fine Arts. He has called the Pittsburgh area home for the past 25 years.

Scott was a registered architect for over 25 years, most recently with WTW Architects of Pittsburgh. He was active in the design community as a contributor to Build Pittsburgh, an instructor for AutoDesk University, and the author of several articles on computer aided design. He was the founder of the Pittsburgh Revit Users Group and was selected by AutoDesk as a "Gunslinger" for the evaluation of design software. Scott also served for several years on the Jackson Township Planning Commission, the last few years as the commission's chair.

Although Scott's life was short, he lived it to its fullest. Scott was an experienced traveler and he and his wife enjoyed numerous adventures throughout Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and Australia. Scott also was an avid photographer, woodcrafter, and model railroader. He was a connoisseur of wines and a collector of animation art. He was also a supporter of local theater and a dedicated Pirates fan.

Scott is survived by his wife of 28 years, Barbara; his parents, John and Donna Womack of Pickerington, OH; his brother, Eric Womack (Deena), also of Pickerington; brother-in-law, Henry Klein (Nancy) of Columbus, NE; and several nieces and nephews.

Funeral arrangements have been entrusted to the Boylan Funeral Home, Inc., 324 E. Grandview Avenue, Zelienople, PA 16063.

Family & friends are invited to attend a Committal Service at the Violet Township Cemetery at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, September 16, 2011.

In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made in Scott's honor to the American Cancer Society , 320 Bilmar Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15205.

Online condolences & directions at www.boylanfuneralhome.com

Mods: I posted this in the general Forum to ensure as wide a possible audience. Please feel free to relocate the post if appropriate. Thanks

narlee
2011-09-30, 11:30 AM
So sorry to hear that. GREAT GUY. He will be missed!

Mike Sealander
2011-09-30, 12:21 PM
I will miss his posts. He was knowledgeable and generous with his knowledge.

patricks
2011-09-30, 01:48 PM
OMG I can't believe this. I was not aware of his condition, not sure if he had made it known or not. Man I think this is the first loss of an AUGI Revit forum regular that I can recall. :cry:

Prayers to his family for sure.

tedg
2011-09-30, 02:05 PM
I've never met him or read any of his posts (that I'm aware of), but after reading the obit, I wish I had known him.

Thanks for sharing this to the AUGI community.

Prayers to his family.

patricks
2011-09-30, 02:40 PM
Last time he was online here was back in March. Not sure if he left after the whole forum change ordeal, or if his health had just declined a lot in recent months, or maybe both. He was very helpful on lots of stuff, though. I remember him posting about and posting pics of some "super" elevator family he had been working on for months. I was thinking whoa I'd like to dig into that family and see how it's made.

ghale
2011-09-30, 02:54 PM
Scott helped me out on a number of occasions. It's quite disheartening to see such a great contributor to the Revit community, and to the design profession, get taken away by cancer.
My condolences to all those that knew him.

ekoehne
2011-10-07, 10:28 PM
He will be missed by AUGI in a big way.

sbrown
2011-10-08, 08:58 PM
Wow, I knew Scott for years, most recently our spec writer and I called him to discuss the best way to implement e-specs with revit. He will be missed. I knew nothing of his cancer. My prayers go out to his wife and family. If anyone knows his family, they should send them a note that he is being remembered here. I lost my mom just a month ago and one of the most comforting thing was seeing what people I had never met said about her. If his wife is anything like mine she wouldn't come near an Augi forum or have clue what it is.

Sad news, but thanks for letting us know.

bobby01214926
2011-10-10, 02:47 AM
I am Scott's wife, Barbara. I want everyone to know how touched I am that each of you have taken the time to comment about him. Scott dearly loved architecture and particularly loved the technologies that he discussed with many of you. He was "talkin' revit" up until a week before he passed. He had hoped to make it to AU, but that just wasn't meant to be. I am hoping to work with AUGI to set up a memorial scholarship fund to allow architects/architectural interns to attend AU in the future. Scott would have liked that--to him knowledge was useless unless it was shared. Again, thanks to all who remembered him. He was a great guy and will be missed.

Alfredo Medina
2011-10-10, 11:52 AM
I had the pleasure to share this forum for a year with Scott, and learn from his expertise on Revit. Last year, in Las Vegas, I recognized him in one of the hallways at Autodesk University, and I said hello to him, and we chatted for a short while about the recent events about Augi. His contributions were well appreciated in this forum.

Barbara: there is another thread remembering Scott at Revitforum.org. Please follow this link:

http://www.revitforum.org/out-there/3996-scott-r-womack-passed-away.html

jsteinhauer
2011-10-11, 04:03 PM
It is always a sad day when someone of Scott's caliber passes away. Well I never got to meet him in person, he was always very helpful on these forums. My condolences to his family.

Jeff S.

snowocean
2011-10-11, 04:18 PM
Don't use these forums much, but he always seemed to show up in my posts/questions. Will certainly be missed. RIP.

lost again again
2011-10-11, 05:58 PM
I'd like to thank Scott's family for sharing him with us on this board. I always felt a little less lost reading his posts.

eviele
2011-10-13, 03:25 PM
Awful news.
And so young too....

Ever since moving to Revit I've searched for answers on Augi. A post by Scott would often come up. It happened frequently enough that I not only recognized the big bearded picture in his avatar, but I welcomed it knowing good advice would follow.

I never met the guy and yet somehow considered him a friend. An online personality willing to share information and exchange ideas. Seemed like a helluva guy to me.

My prayers go out to his friends and family.
Scott will be missed.

Eric

gvluisi
2011-10-17, 09:40 PM
I worked with Scott for several years. He had a bull in a china shop approach on the outside but inside he was a teddy bear. Even though I left Revit Architecture for Revit MEP he always, always, always had time for phone calls or emails. If he didn't have the answer, I wasn't asking the right question. Again, sorry for your loss Barb. Gary

decio.ferreira
2011-10-18, 11:06 AM
My condolences to his family and others who knew him.

A good guy...
Scott will be missed.