PDA

View Full Version : Project Specific Tags vs. Sheet Specific Tags

ChristinaB
2005-01-17, 07:06 PM
How do I add a project specific tag to my title block So that information has to be input once, instead of on each individual sheet. I want to be able to go to "Setting", "Project Information" and input project specific data here. The only tags that seem to be project specific rather than sheet specific are: Issue Date, Status, Client Name, Proj. Address, Project Name &Project #. Please Help!

beegee
2005-01-17, 09:36 PM
THIS THREAD (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=11565&highlight=Stamp)wll give you the proceedure.

Scroll down to GuyR's post.

ChristinaB
2005-01-18, 12:26 AM
That worked great for getting the tag to be project specific. Now another problem has arose.....the tag I needed to be project specific was for a plate height which is called out as 8'-0" Nom. however the tag will only let me enter decimals. Do you know how to get around this so that I can enter feet and inches? I don't see that option under the tag properties. =0

sbrown
2005-01-18, 01:22 AM
When you create the parameter it must be a length parameter or text parameter, not a number or integer.

LRaiz
2005-01-18, 01:28 AM
Open your tag family (.rfa) file select label and press properties. Edit Format attribute as needed, save and reload into your project.

HTH

beegee
2005-01-18, 01:58 AM
If the tag is a label on a titleblock sheet, formatting is not avaiable, however you should still be able to enter " 8' 0" " as text.

Open your tag family (.rfa) file select label and press properties. Edit Format attribute as needed, save and reload into your project.

HTH

LRaiz
2005-01-18, 04:20 AM
If the tag is a label on a titleblock sheet, formatting is not avaiable...
Really? It is available to me. I knew that I was special but did not know that I was so special. I am looking at 7.0 Build 20041213_2030

beegee
2005-01-18, 06:05 AM
Well Leonid, yes you are that special :-D

The image below shows what I get when I try the format button in the 3rd image of your attached graphic.

( Build 20041128_2030 - R7.0 )

Really? It is available to me. I knew that I was special but did not know that I was so special. I am looking at 7.0 Build 20041213_2030

beegee
2005-01-18, 07:01 AM
On further investigation, the Shared Parameter must firstly be formated for either text or length or whatever. ( Which is what Leonid was getting at )
Once the SP is used in a label on a Title Sheet, no option for formating that label is then available. ( Which is what I was attempting )

But the effect of using either text or length formats, in this particular case, is minimal anyway, since the label is only being used to denote a constant plate height applying to every drawing in the set, and this can be readily achieved in either format, although the text format does allow for a descriptive handle, as opposed to just the numeric data.

LRaiz
2005-01-18, 02:24 PM
beegee,
I am puzzled by your findings. I can specify desired formatting and I can assign individual parameter values for each sheet.

Here is my process
1. Define shared parameter.
1.1 File | Shared Parameters | New
1.2 Specify name and select type = Length

2. Use parameter in titleblock family
2.1 While editing titleblock family press Label and select Add button in Select Parameter dialog.
2.2 In the Parameter Properties dialog press Select... and pick previously defined parameter, then press OK to return to Select Parameter dialog.
2.3 Format button is available, you can make use of it.
2.4 Even if formatting is not specified right away I can later select the label using Modify tool, press properties and change formatting.

3. Load titleblock into project

4. Use new parameter for drawing sheets
4.1 Press Settings | Project Parameters.. and select Add button in Select Parameter dialog.
4.2 In Parameter Properties dialog select Shared Parameter button and press Select..., pick your parameter and press OK.
4.3 Back in Parameter Properties checkmark drawing sheets category.
4.4 OK out of Project Parameters dialog

5. Different values of new parameter can be individually assigned to sheets.

There a few steps in this procedure but all of them are quite straight forward. I don't understand why your experience different results. Is your procedure different?

ChristinaB
2005-01-18, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the help all! I was able to add the shared parameter to my main set of drawings then update the tags in my title block. When I re-inserted the titleblock everything was "hunky-dory". Thanks Again!

beegee
2005-01-19, 03:28 AM
beegee,
I am puzzled by your findings. I can specify desired formatting and I can assign individual parameter values for each sheet.
------------------- I don't understand why your experience different results. Is your procedure different?
My procedure was a bit different in that in your point , 2.4, I was using the “ Select parameter “ button > “ Modify “ which does not allow formatting, ( see Image ), rather than Select label > Properties > Edit > Format > Edit , which does work.

However, I have found that a shared parameter which is defined as text cannot be selected or reselected later, and have its format edited. This is only available for length ( & presumably other SP formats that I haven’t tested yet.)

LRaiz
2005-01-19, 05:22 AM
1. If you are selecting an existing parameter as opposed to adding a new one then there is no need to click Modify. Format button is available in Select Parameter dialog and it is accessible for Length parameters.You can have two labels in the same titleblock (or same tag) showing the same Length parameter with different formats.
2. Format button is not accessible for text parameters because they are always shown as is without formatting.

beegee
2005-01-19, 05:54 AM
Ok, thanks for the clarification.