PDA

View Full Version : Room Number Duplication

jcoe
2005-01-17, 08:09 PM
I wonder if someone might be able to explain to me why this happens.

I have a series of existing plans that are 2-D AutoCAD drawings and I have imported them into Revit. They will stay two dimension except for any renovation/addition work, which will be done in Revit. I have labeled all the rooms with room tags...so far so good. The problem comes when I duplicate the plan with detailing to set up other views. The room name stays consistent, but the numbers are all out of whack?? Any ideas??

beegee
2005-01-17, 09:14 PM
Have you deleted walls in the new phase, causing the room numbers in that phase to each refer to the same area ?

jcoe
2005-01-17, 10:12 PM
Beegee,
No new work has been drawn yet. I was in the process of setting up the views for the renovation work when I noticed the error.

Thanks for the response.

aggockel50321
2005-01-18, 01:26 PM
If these are tags you are placing on the imported 2d drawings, are you dividing up the spaces with room separation lines, in order to define the rooms?

jcoe
2005-01-19, 05:59 AM
andrewg,
Actually, what I did was place them on the 2-D drawing as unbounded room tags, which is where I think I went wrong. I did not even consider using the room separation lines. I was unaware that these could be used without bounded rooms. Will they work the same manner as area boundaries?

Kirky
2005-01-19, 06:02 AM
Hi Jcoe,

I managed to get the same thing to happen with a metric tag that was shipped with R7 but
only when the space wasn't properly closed.My other tags seem to be ok. See attached the tag which not enclosed changes when copied, seems to be sequential.

aggockel50321
2005-01-19, 12:18 PM
I did not even consider using the room separation lines. I was unaware that these could be used without bounded rooms. Will they work the same manner as area boundaries?
They'll define the room area, similar to the way a wall will.

When I use them in a situation like yours, I'll go to settings and change the color & thicken the line, so that they're easier to see, and then place them using the pick option of the line command.

When you place the view on a sheet, you can turn them off in the visibility dialog (subcategory of lines) & the room tags will still function as they should.

jcoe
2005-01-19, 03:57 PM
andrewg,
Thank you much for the advice and help. This works beatifully.