PDA

View Full Version : Using a titleblock w/ the same revision information across different projects?

rstavares
2011-10-05, 06:00 PM
I'm wondering if there's any way to do this or how it's usually handled. We have a large project where we're using linked models between the two. The two REVIT projects are different halves of the same building and each have a foundation modeled. It was decided that the foundation would become its own submittal but now I have Project 1 with most of the F sheets and Project 2 which has only its own foundation on an F sheet.

I'm guessing the ideal way to have done this would be to have Project 1 exist only as a linked file and create all sheets on Project 2 but it's too late for that. I now need to create a revision for the Foundation set of drawings but project 2's foundation exists in a separate REVIT file with its own instance of the TB family (right?)

Is there any way I can get the same revision information on my foundation sheets across both projects?

rstavares
2011-10-10, 08:43 PM
bump bump bump

cdatechguy
2011-10-11, 08:30 AM
Just put the same revision information in both projects? I've used the same RFDC numbers in multiple project submittals many times.

But having two separate projects for the same foundation/building puzzles me. Why not just create it in the same project?

The Foundation could have been its own submittal too, we put ours in an earlier phase to distinguish the difference..