PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having trouble with legends?

Wes Macaulay
2005-01-18, 06:59 AM
I'm finding that legend views in some cases are causing Revit to crash. These are larger files, one started in 7, the other upgraded. You're lucky if you can get a wall- or floor-type legend component to load into a view without Revit complaining that A Very Serious Error has occurred or it crashes outright. I dunno how many error reports I've sent giving the programmers a hard time -- they're not coming to MY birthday party this year :twisted:

Not until they fix this ;)

What about the rest of you? These files are in the 55Mb range...

Scott_Bloss
2005-01-18, 12:15 PM
Wes,

I have experienced some difficulties as well. The legend is a nice feature and is one that is needed, I hope our friends at the factory attend to this one in a timely fashion.

Haden
2005-02-02, 02:46 AM
I happily assembled my first legend this week -- Electrical Symbols -- and added outlets, switches, and text with leaders, and was pleased with the results :grin: when I added it to my electrical plan sheets -- until I went to plot or preview! :evil: Unfortunately, all of my symbols disappear when plotting or previewing, leaving only the text & leaders pointing to empty space in the legend! I also was not able to get ceiling-based light fixtures to be visible even on the screen when adding them to this same legend. :???:

I echo the sentiments that this is a very valuable feature, but in my opinion, NYDB (not yet debugged). I would much appreciate a status report from the powers that be on these issues. (I will also be submitting a subscription support request on this one.)

Joef
2005-03-03, 06:18 AM
I recently tried to create a legend but found that the stacked walls do not appear (they are there, but invisible), and when I put the legend on a sheet there appears to be a crop region of some sort that does not appear in the legend view so is not editable. In the legend view, if I click "show crop region" most of the elements in the legend disappear. If i click "hide crop region" they do not reappear. I have to click "no crop region" to get the legend elements to reappear. Very strange behaviour. I downloaded the latest build hoping for a fix, but the behaviour is the same. Anyone had similar problems?

danny.ferguson
2005-03-15, 03:34 PM
When we reload a family, it disappears from the legend.

Haden
2005-03-15, 03:37 PM
I noticed some mention of legends in the late-breaking Revit 8 Building release info, so maybe that means they have given some attention to fine tuning their operations.

Paul P.
2005-04-01, 08:00 AM
I'm having some strange problems with legends as well, when trying to create a window legend I have three windows that will not show up in the legend, I can place them but as Joef said they do not appear, they are there, but invisible.

I also get the error message, "The component you have selected is not visible in the selected view." I have opened up the family and checked its vis settings compared to the windows that show up and there exactly the same, this is a real pain. I hope this can be sorted out.

Regards, Paul.

darrenl
2005-05-16, 11:13 PM
Today I upgrade (term used loosely) to Revit 8. I took a model (83mb) from Revit 7 to Revit 8. During the upgrade process it deleted all the components in the one legend I had created (ceiling components - light fixtures, air grills, etc). Now Revit won't allow me to place anything but symbols on a legend view (existing view or newly created view). What has happened to the legend function. Now I have to recreate my ceiling legend some other way. New build to fix soon, factory??!!!!??!

D.Williams
2005-05-17, 01:25 PM
Unfortunately, all of my symbols disappear when plotting or previewing, leaving only the text & leaders pointing to empty space in the legend!
I ran into the identical situation with electrical symbols not plotting in a legend. I don't know if this works for other components, but by turning the legend to Wireframe mode instead of Hidden Line it made the electrical symbols show up.

On some of these symbols, the placement height of the object is above some cut plane height the legend has established, leading to the error: "The component you have selected is not visible in the selected view."someone else mentioned. The only way I've been able to remedy this is by changing the default property of the symbol to a lower placement height and then placing it in the legend.

Hope that helps.

Doug

david.kingham
2005-05-17, 02:12 PM
I can't place any legend components since I upgraded to 8, I sent a request to support a week ago and they never responded, I tried to call, waited for 15 minutes and then it says we're on vacation *click*.......what the $%# is up with that?

sbrown
2005-05-17, 03:33 PM
You need to submit your support requests through the subscription center for the quickest response. This way they have the file and can get it in the proper hands.

david.kingham
2005-05-17, 04:04 PM
I sent an email, they have always responded within a couple hours in the past....