PDA

View Full Version : Break out view boundary

Enfiel3D
2011-10-11, 05:53 PM
Greetings!

Break out view functionality in Inventor possesses one rather unpleasant feature - its boundary is rather firmly set to be thick. It creates a lot of problems for me, because in Russian drafting standard it's supposed to be thin, and I cannot leave it thick for it would create a lot of confusion. I therefore forced to manually set it to be thin (in my case 0,18 mm).

It is where the problems start. Even if I set it to be 0.18 mm, after any update it gets back to 0.35 again. When I right click it and select properties, it nonetheless shows 0.18, but it takes to close the window for it to return to 0.18 width. I tried to move it to different layers, but it didn't help. It appears to be a software bug!

Is it possible at all to force break out view boundary to be always of the same (thin) width?

BeKirra
2011-10-12, 02:59 AM
First of all, when working in Inventor you need to be patient.
And second, it maybe a bug, maybe not! :cry:

jonathan.landeros
2011-10-18, 11:04 PM
Enfiel3D,

Have you tried editing your Styles and changing the layer the break out line is attached to (Visible Narrow, for example)?

If you change it in the styles, it should stick. Once you have what you want you can change your template to show all the changes.