PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Material Class Dropdown

jeff.95551
2011-10-14, 11:59 PM
Hey everybody - I'm helping out some people using 2011, and there's a bug in the Materials Dialog that's driving me nuts! When you click on the material in an assembly edit, it opens the Materials Dialog, and assigns the material as Concrete, because the "Material Class" Pulldown is set to Concrete, not "All" the way it was in my office. Revit assigns the first available material, if the previous one isn't on the current list. I'd like to change the Dialog back to <all> but can't find where to do that... any advice?

cyurechuk468670
2012-03-13, 07:46 PM
I am having the same problem. Did you ever figure it out. It worked fine before and now it the material defaults to 500azhshf or something every time I open the box to change a material.

oLDsCHOOL
2012-03-13, 08:34 PM
YES! That was a pain in my arss too. The problem here is that under your Material Class drop down <ALL> is not the first catagory filter on the list. You can not rename or delete the catagory once they are made but you can empty them and I believe they will disappear from the list. So with that said, any catagory Filters that come before the <All> filter you must reasign those materials to a catagory that sorts after <ALL>. I found this out when I created a catagory that started with a number.