PDA

View Full Version : Grid Bubbles from Linked File

jsteinhauer
2011-10-17, 07:34 PM
Hello All,

I am having an issue with grid bubbles from a linked model showing up in the middle of my building. I went into the linked model and in all plan views I changed the grids to have the grid bubbles on the outside of the building. When I reloaded the structural model back into my project nothing happened. So I am wondering where does this control happen, and if I can modify something in order to have it appear much better? My last resort is to copy monitor the structural grids and hide that category from the linked model.

Please see the attached image for an example of what I'm trying to fix.

Thank you in advance,
Jeff S.

arb
2011-10-17, 09:27 PM
2 options:

Option 1 - Set up 1 or several views within your structural model file specifically for linking into your host file. Then, within your host file, go into your plan views, go into VG Overrides, Revit Links, (Structural Model), select By Linked View, use drop-down to select the appropriate view from the structural model. You can also set it to Custom instead, and still select the linked view from the drop down if you want to adjust the visibility graphics.

Option 2 - As you mentioned, you can Copy/Monitor the grids and adjust them much easier than going into a separate model. We use this method for convenience, and we place the linked grids into a separate workset. This way you can adjust the grids in plan, section, and elevation, without having to set up a ridiculous number of views for linking.

Good luck.

- Alex

Hello All,

I am having an issue with grid bubbles from a linked model showing up in the middle of my building. I went into the linked model and in all plan views I changed the grids to have the grid bubbles on the outside of the building. When I reloaded the structural model back into my project nothing happened. So I am wondering where does this control happen, and if I can modify something in order to have it appear much better? My last resort is to copy monitor the structural grids and hide that category from the linked model.

Please see the attached image for an example of what I'm trying to fix.

Thank you in advance,
Jeff S.