PDA

View Full Version : Area analysis

gallienhanson
2005-01-18, 06:35 PM
I am having challenges with creating copies of the same level for area analysis to do different analysis areas....I do seismic analysis and this requires, east west and north south areas on each level, I have selected do not duplicate existing views, but when I work on the new view it changes the previous one??

Allen Lacy
2005-01-18, 06:38 PM
I am having challenges with creating copies of the same level for area analysis to do different analysis areas....I do seismic analysis and this requires, east west and north south areas on each level, I have selected do not duplicate existing views, but when I work on the new view it changes the previous one?? The view is just a copy of the original view. When you change things in one view, you are chnaging the model, which affects all of the views.

gallienhanson
2005-01-18, 06:41 PM
Thanks I guess I must create an other view?

Scott D Davis
2005-01-18, 06:56 PM
If you are only annotating, views and copies of views wont change. If you open another view, and then change anything that is part of the model, it will change in every view.

gallienhanson
2005-01-18, 07:22 PM
so if I created the copies before I did any analysis, giving them different names, I could do different analysis to each?

Scott D Davis
2005-01-18, 09:08 PM
What does your analysis consist of? I'm not exactly sure what you are changing in each view.

SCShell
2005-01-19, 01:25 PM
Hey there,

If I understand, you want to create several plans which are calculating different area schemes. I do this all of the time. In any one project, I may have an area plan showing the gross building area, an interior area plan showing individual areas for occupancy and even site area plans.
I just create new area plans for each scheme that I may require. I typically do not duplicate views.
Hope this helps
Steve

gallienhanson
2005-01-19, 10:57 PM
The area analysis I do is just the tributary areas I determine depending on shear wall locations, but I must do each "level" twice, once north south, and once east west to assign load to the walls I have selected. I usually put in tributary areas in lieu of "rentable" This time I created 2 views for each level, and that worked. if there is a more efficient way that would be great!
Also, is there a way to use the area analysis on exterior walls?? If not what would be the best way to obtain that information knowing that it would be tributary to wall lines I select??
sure hope this makes since, and thanks!!

papurajx
2005-01-19, 11:42 PM
Use different 'area schemes' each time you analyse your design for a particular purposes, but bear in mind that the change you do in the model will be reflected in all the 'Area plans' duplicated from the 'level plans' for the purpose of your 'area analysis'.