PDA

View Full Version : Importing DWGs then changing line styles

DanielleAnderson
2005-01-18, 07:17 PM
I've got an interesting DWG issue...
I have imported a DWG into revit (it's a site plan), brought it in as Black and White. I've gone into Object Settings to change a few of the layers to grey. Every layer I set to grey works except one. I've tried numerous things like going back into the autocad drawing and exploding the polyline, drawing over the existing line so it's a totally new line, etc. but no matter what I do, this one layer won't turn to grey.
I'm just wondering if I'm missing something here?
Thanks!
Danielle

Allen Lacy
2005-01-18, 07:34 PM
I've had similar problems with DWG files. I assume that you're linking the file and not just importing? If so, close file and re-open. The changes should take effect.

Steve_Stafford
2005-01-19, 09:26 AM
In some cases you will find you must remove and import-link the file again to get changes to take effect. This is particularly true if you've changed something in the dwg file and then try to make changes to the new work in the linked dwg. It is a pain but it is the only way I've found to take control over the objects.

aggockel50321
2005-01-19, 12:26 PM
going back into the autocad drawing and exploding the polyline, drawing over the existing line so it's a totally new line, etc. but no matter what I do, this one layer won't turn to grey.
Also, while in autocad, select the exploded polyline, or other lines in question, look at the toolbar above and make sure their color is set by layer, and not defined individually for that line / group of lines.

noah
2006-10-17, 03:58 PM
I have the same problem. When importing a civil drawing I can control the color/lineweight of all the layers except for the property lines (this is the only layer that I can't change). I linked the file, color to black, and all lines in the dwg are set to bylayer and exploded. I even unloaded and reloaded and closed Revit and reopened and nothing seems to fix this problem. Anyone else experience this?

cphubb
2006-10-17, 05:33 PM
I have noticed Revit chokes on Polylines that have elevation sometimes. I also have experienced the property line problem, and contour lines that are Polylines with elevation. (Note Revit will error on 3D Polylines that change elevation) Exploding in Autocad and setting to bylayer for all properties works most of the time. But the re-import is required.

dbaldacchino
2006-10-17, 09:11 PM
As a general rule, I have been asking the users to purge frequently and run an Audit before saving and exiting. This has alleviated the dwg-related quirks.