PDA

View Full Version : Legends and Assembly Sheet

DaleSmith
2011-10-21, 11:22 AM
Hi,

I'm attempting to use assemblies on a project I'm doing. While I can happily create all the views I need, for some reason I can't seem to add legends to the assembly sheets. I have a simple 2D detail I want to repeat on all sheets, but the only way I can see to do this at the moment is to create a drafting view for the detail and copy it many times, one for each sheet.

Is it possible to create a legend that can be imported onto each sheet? Or at least create a legend within the assemly itself?

Thank you,

Joshua Kohl
2011-10-22, 11:03 AM
My understanding is that for now only the views created in an assembly can be placed on that assemblies sheets. I heard that maybe in the next release you will be able to put other views that are not related to an assembly on assembly sheets.

DaleSmith
2011-10-25, 08:02 AM
That definately seems to be the way it's behaving at the moment. Is there any way to create a legend view within an assembly?

Joshua Kohl
2011-10-25, 11:34 AM
No, the only views you can currently create for an assembly are what is shown in the "Create Views" dialog box of Assemblies (see attached).