PDA

View Full Version : Ramp Volume

r7_human8y
2011-10-21, 05:21 AM
hi, can any one tell me how to get the volume of the ramp? and it will be shown on the schedule. if revit doesnt do that, is there any alternatives like floor or something? can someone tell how to fix this problem? tnx.

r7_human8y
2011-10-24, 09:46 AM
hi, will anyone please enlighten me if its possible or not? or can some one give me an alternative? it is urgent for me to know this. anyone who is a master in revit platform? pls help.. tnx.

arb
2011-10-24, 01:13 PM
hi, will anyone please enlighten me if its possible or not? or can some one give me an alternative? it is urgent for me to know this. anyone who is a master in revit platform? pls help.. tnx.

Not sure because I've never had a need to calculate ramp volume, but I would think a floor with a slope would work. I don't remember if Revit calculates floor volume, but it would be easy enough to multiply the thickness by the area.

- Alex

r7_human8y
2011-10-25, 03:27 AM
what if it is a spiral ramp? like a car ramp from floor to floor? because i think, if you use a floor, or a sweep, it will not exactly follow the orientation like the tilting of the ramp? is there any other best way?

cliff collins
2011-10-25, 01:43 PM
Use Floors for the spiral ramp. Draw them "flat" in plan, and then you can either edit them with points
or use a slope arrow, depending on the situation. Floors will give you area and volume in their properties and you can schedule them as well.

Another method would be to create a Mass in the shape of the spiral ramp, load it into the project and then convert the face to a Floor.

cheers