PDA

View Full Version : revit schedules - data structure

william_cooper
2011-10-22, 07:22 AM
In the process of making a revit massing project feasabilty template.

I am scheduling mass floors that contain the manually entered parameters "number of 1 bed", "number of 2 bed".... and then applying a parking ratio (project info paramter) with a caculated value formula which tells me how many parking spaces i need. this works excleently except for when we end up with a remainder: 2.2 carspaces doesn't make sense. I have then rounded these up to the nearest whole (-0.00001 +0.5... rounded to nearest). This is also fine.

however I want to generate a building or project parking count, not a level count. the rounding seems to occur at the mass floor level where I really needs to occur at the calculated totals level - this causes errors. can i apply rounding (or even use the calculated total figure for other things) to the calculated total rather than each instance.

I'm pretty sure you can't but i would like to hear how other people are tackling this issue? I imagine that down the track revit would have a 'calculate totals & flatten' button under the 'calculate totals' button. thoughts, work arounds?