PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Dividing Surface for conceptual mass

bcreehan
2011-10-26, 06:29 PM
I am trying to create a glass atrium. (please see the attached png)

I created a form from two elipses and divided the surface to create a lattice-type structure. I then added a 4 point curtain panel (that I made with adaptive components) to create a mullion.

The issue that I am running into is that revit seems to automatically split the surface in half, creating a seam that does not clean up well. Is there a way to fix this area or avoid this seam?

Any help is much appreciated!

damon.sidel
2011-10-26, 08:30 PM
I'm just getting into conceptual masses, but I've been experimenting. First, you said you used an adaptive component. Did you try a pattern based curtain wall component instead? If you choose the Rhomboid pattern for your mass and in the pattern based component, it should all line up. You'll still have that seam, but it doesn't matter if the two patterns have the same divisions. See the attached files. Hope they help.

bcreehan
2011-10-26, 09:41 PM
I noticed that my panel loaded under "rectangle" pattern, and therefore changes the pattern from rhomboid to rectangle when I apply it.
I used a curtain panel pattern based component when I built my panel. Did you specify in the parameters for it to be a rhomboid?

Thanks!

damon.sidel
2011-10-27, 01:18 AM
Yes, I selected the rhomboid pattern in my curtain wall based component. When you open a new curtain wall based family, select the grid. In the properties you can change it to any pattern you want. You need to match this pattern to whichever one you're going to use in your mass.

bcreehan
2011-10-27, 04:52 PM
Thank you!