PDA

View Full Version : Revit & Life Cycle Cost Analysis

jsteinhauer
2011-10-26, 10:11 PM
We had an in house presentation today to discuss how we can use Revit for LCA's benchmarks of our projects. There was some discussion about the limitations, and how they needed to cheat the software to get Revit to crunch the numbers for them. I was troubled with needing to cheat the software.

What they ended up doing was to run a material takeoff schedule and then use the 'Cost' of each material within the structure of a wall as the Embodied Carbon Equivalent number. I tried to new number parameter for ECE, but it doesn't read each material element separately. So, we're thinking that we would need to figure out the Assembly ECE. Not ideal, but potentially workable.

Is there a way to add a material specific parameter? Any insights into this topic would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Jeff S.

jeffh
2011-10-27, 01:03 PM
I am not sure exactly what you are trying to do but the answer to the question about if there is a way to add material specific parameters, the answer is yes, you can do this.

You can add a project or shared parameter to a material instance. Once you add the parameter to the materials you can fill in the value from the Idnetity tab of the materials dialog.

jsteinhauer
2011-10-27, 02:45 PM
Thank you Jeff,

I was trying to add this information directly to the walls category. Works perfectly now!!! Just falls onto our Revit Development Committee to come up with our standards of how we're going to implement this.

Thanks again,

Jeff S.