PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Any way to create a deployment for all extensions?

patricks
2011-10-27, 07:10 PM
We have a folder on our server in which I placed all available extensions for Revit 2012. I just now got around to installing them on my machine, and it was rather tedious. Is there a way to create some kind of deployment that can install all of them on the various machines in our office?

bcgatti
2011-10-28, 02:51 PM
I put together a couple of VBS files (one to establish install permissions and one to do the actual installations) that I use to kick off the deployment install and then perform the install of each of the extensions and addons that we use.

It would be nice if the Revit deployment setup prompted for Extensions and Add-ons to roll into it (like it does with Service Packs).

patricks
2011-10-31, 05:34 PM
I put together a couple of VBS files (one to establish install permissions and one to do the actual installations) that I use to kick off the deployment install and then perform the install of each of the extensions and addons that we use.

It would be nice if the Revit deployment setup prompted for Extensions and Add-ons to roll into it (like it does with Service Packs).

Well I'm not installing Revit on any machines. I just wanted to try to automate the installation of the 7 extensions and add-ons we have ready to go on our server.

jsnyder.68308
2011-10-31, 07:41 PM
I have not tried it, but I don't see a reason why you could not call the installation executables through use of a batch file/VBS script. There is apparently a method (see link below) with command switches applied that forces the installs into a silent mode which is what you are likely wanting?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/2012-Revit-Extension-installed-in-silent-mode/td-p/3083670