PDA

View Full Version : RCP showing Cove Lighting

SamuelAB
2011-10-28, 02:54 PM
I want to show my cove lighting on our (Architectural) Reflected Ceiling Plans, what is the best way to accomplish this using best practices?

Currently my cove light fixture is hidden by the ceiling under it.

sbrown
2011-10-28, 03:38 PM
In my cove light family I make Dashed Symbol lines and add an invisible line in elevation, This is a trick that forces revit to display the family if its cut by the cutplane.

SamuelAB
2011-10-28, 08:29 PM
In my cove light family I make Dashed Symbol lines and add an invisible line in elevation, This is a trick that forces revit to display the family if its cut by the cutplane.

I was very exited to try this, but it did not work for me. Would you mind taking a look at my fixture to let me know if you think I'm doing something wrong?

gtarch
2011-10-29, 09:50 PM
You probably need to be using symbolic lines for the linework to be visible in the plan views.

rosskirby
2011-10-30, 01:31 AM
I believe what Scott meant was that you have to have a model line (drawn as an invisible line subcategory) that extends perpendicular to the ceiling plan view in the family. Make it about 5' long so that it crosses the cut plane of the ceiling plan (in the project), and any symbolic lines in the light fixture family will be visible in the ceiling plan.

gtarch
2011-10-30, 06:59 PM
I believe the poster added the 'cut line' in his family. I think he needs to use symbolic lines for the plan representations, not model lines.

sbrown
2011-10-31, 02:59 PM
correct, if you have the model line(invisible line) in your family from the floor to the object(usually I make its height and instance parameter for diff. height ceilings) that will get cut, forcing revit to show the object. So just make sure your "object" is off in plan views and your symbol lines are on.

SamuelAB
2011-10-31, 04:34 PM
I got it to work exactly as I needed it to. Thanks guys.

The solution was to use the invisible model line to trick Revit into cutting the fixture and to draw the annotation lines below the fixture so that it would be on top of the ceiling when seen from below.

I've uploaded the family that works as intended for future reference.