PDA

View Full Version : Form Creation - Help request

WT-09
2011-10-31, 04:24 AM
I am trying to create the form for one of my projects. I drew all the guidelines but when I select them and go to Create Form I get the massage "Unable to create form element". I also tried to create faces separately but the result is the same. Can anybody help with the tip on how to create this shape? See attached image.

Norton_cad
2011-10-31, 07:54 AM
I'd model it from three spheres, and Subtract in AutoCAD solid modelling; then import it into Revit.

WT-09
2011-10-31, 04:57 PM
Thank you Norton_cad.
That's a good solution but I need more flexibility with this shape in terms of materials and curtain systems which I don't think imported DWG can provide. At this point I am trying to use a simple extrusion cut by several void sheres and it is starting to look close.

sbrown
2011-10-31, 07:20 PM
I think you need to make it using the 2 top lines and the ends, then void out the shape in plan on the front and back.

sbrown
2011-10-31, 07:31 PM
Ok, Its pretty easy, draw all the lines you have as ref. lines(splines thru points, 3 points). Then make the top surf. first, add a profile in the middle and then you can pull the mid point in as needed. Then create the sides. See attached.

WT-09
2011-10-31, 09:46 PM
OK. I understand. Thanks a lot for the great tip!