PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Section view labels

ccowgill
2011-10-31, 04:19 PM
I'm trying to label the offset and elevation of the toe of slope for my sections. does anyone know how to accomplish this? By using Major Offset, I can get it to label those points, but it also annotates the centerline offset and elevation.
I'd also like to label the cut area and fill area of each section, but I'm not finding an easy way to accomplish this. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

tntdraftsol
2011-10-31, 07:14 PM
There could be several different ways depending on what information you are displaying in your cross sections. if you sampled your finished grade surface, you could add a grade break label style to the cross section group and that should get your daylight points on either side, but like you said you would also get any other grade breaks inbetween those two points. You could play with the weeding factor to see if you could get rid of the grade break labels you did not want, or you could delete each label you did not want by holding down the control button as you selected them. I realize that if you have a substanitally large amount of cross sections, going through and deleting labels you did not want would be counter-productive.

Another solution if you have a corridor in your cross sections would be to edit the code set style for your corridor and possibly add some labels that way. I have to say I have not tried this route recently so I do not have the specifics on what settings you would need to alter, but in case you hadn't thought of that. Good luck!:beer:

ccowgill
2011-11-01, 12:12 PM
Another solution if you have a corridor in your cross sections would be to edit the code set style for your corridor and possibly add some labels that way. I have to say I have not tried this route recently so I do not have the specifics on what settings you would need to alter, but in case you hadn't thought of that. Good luck!:beer:
This may be the option I will need to use. I could also use this (if I can figure out how) to include our standard hatches for each material of a section. I'll have to look into this option a little further. Yesterday afternoon, I started to get into looking at it, but I couldnt quite figure it out. perhaps I just need more time.

Thanks for the suggestion.

ccowgill
2011-11-02, 04:59 PM
I ended up heading the route of applying labels within the assembly, and then just had C3D use the same style for my sheets. I also took a look at an AU class that went through setting alot of this up. It was very informative. I'm almost done getting everything to look how I like.

tntdraftsol
2011-11-02, 06:04 PM
I'm glad it worked out for you. I know trying to sift through all those different codes and getting the right labels is a daunting task. :beer: