PDA

View Full Version : Curtain Wall Profiles in Version 7.

Davied2
2005-01-19, 02:48 PM
Hi There

I have sketched a profile which I have attached to the framework of a curtain wall.

This works fine, however, the profile is actually made of two different materials.

The exterior part of the frame is aluminium and the inside or the frame is Timber.

I cannot figure out (or know if it is possible to) assign two different materials to the curtain wall frame.

Has anyone any ideas on this.

Regards

Dave
The Welshman

sbrown
2005-01-19, 03:03 PM
I don't think this is supported. Some workarounds could be to make 2 sep mullions one for the inside one for the out and duplicate the wall and one wall only has the interior mullions and one has the glass and exterior.

Andre Baros
2005-01-19, 04:07 PM
I've run into this on other windows as well as curtain walls and found that once you build all the double parts you end up with a lot of overhead (even for all metal construction where you have two different colors or all wood with two different woods). I handle it with details and specs. For renderings, I export to Max (via Viz) and then have one model for exterior shots and several for interior shots and adjust them accordingly.

It would be nice if someone has a way to handle this internally.