PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Revit Linked Rooms tagging

rbcameron1
2011-11-09, 05:34 PM
Revit 2011:

Linked Revit model rooms are in the model, but I can't seem to tag them or create a room using those existing boundaries. I thought you were able to at the very least tag these rooms? Is it possible?
Not interested in creating room boundary lines. Link is currently "overlay" but I've tried switching to "attachment" with no luck. I don't want to bind this link in either.

This is sort of a continuation of this post from awhile back that no one could figure out....

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=130777&highlight=rooms+linked+revit

-ryan

cliff collins
2011-11-09, 05:41 PM
You cannot tag rooms in linked files in Revit 2011.

You CAN in Revit 2012.

cheers

jcoe
2011-11-09, 08:52 PM
Set up a view in the linked model and tag the elements (if you are working with consultants, ask them to do this). Name the view something that is easy to find (ie. Linked View-01st Flr Rm Tags). Load the linked model into the host file. Go to the view where you want the annotations to show. Through the visibility graphics dialog, select the Revit Links tab. From here you can tell the host file to use the linked model view. You should now see the room tags.

Alex Page
2011-11-09, 11:14 PM
Revit 2011:

.... create a room using those existing boundaries....
-ryan

Cant tag linked rooms in 2011, but to create a room using the walls etc in the linked file as boundaries you need to go to the linked file type properties and check 'Room Bounding" as per image