PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Can you turn a section/ detail view upside-down?

mattcummins
2011-11-09, 07:10 PM
I am working on an SIP project. For a roof panel diagram I created 2 detail views that are parallel to the slope of each side of the roof. Revit wants the lower side of the roof to always be at the bottom, but I would like to rotate 180, or turn upside-down, one of the views. I want to do this to show the roof laid out as the panels would go up on the roof (ridge to ridge) on the panels. Is there a way to do this? I've tried everything!
Thanks,
Matt

jcoe
2011-11-09, 07:56 PM
You should be able to select your crop region and rotate 180 degrees.

mattcummins
2011-11-09, 07:59 PM
I tried that, but it just reverted back to the same. I even tried rotating it 90 at a time.

jcoe
2011-11-09, 09:06 PM
Another option would be to rotate the view on the sheet using the "Rotation on Sheet" option, but this also rotates your view title.

Aside from this, I am not sure of another method.

If you are using 2012, you may be able to do something with the new Parts and Assembly tool, but I have not used it enough to offer any assistance.

mattcummins
2011-11-11, 06:02 AM
I messed with the assembly views and it is a pretty cool tool, but it makes the same kinds of views. Evidently when you rotate a view past horizontal it becomes an elevation with the lower edge automatically at the bottom edge. I wish there was a way to override this...

mattcummins
2011-11-11, 03:44 PM
I figured it out. Place the detail view horizontally (creating a plan view) in a section or elevation view. Go to that detail plan view and rotate the crop outline to the desired alignment, THEN rotate the detail cut line to align with the roof plane. Just in case anyone else runs into this...

Mike Sealander
2011-11-11, 04:58 PM
Sounds like you needed to dissociate the view from a parent plan.