PDA

View Full Version : Can a wall have an angled profile/section?

photography67836
2005-01-19, 04:53 PM
Hi all,

I made a wall family with an extrusion to successfully create the wall shape as in the attached sketch. However, if I cut a section through it, it shows only one material. I need to show a section with the materials as in the attached sketch, and I am wondering if a 'normal' wall can have it's profile modified (to affect only one of the materials in the wall). This would save me from having to 'manually' draft all the detail of the wall over top of the poched mass.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

luigi
2005-01-19, 05:10 PM
What I have done in the past, in the same exact detail, to have a sweep associated to a wall (being part of the wall) Then you would have the section of the wall to be exactly like you want it (stud wall, sheathing, etc.) and then the sweep will be the angled EIFS (or what ever material) with a material associated to it...........then you only need to make a parametric profile to match your angle, etc.

photography67836
2005-01-19, 05:41 PM
Thanks Luigi, that is exactly what I was looking for.

photography67836
2005-01-20, 12:55 AM
Okay, the wall sweep attached to the wall worked great. Now I have a new problem....windows will not cut an opening in my angled EIFS wall, only in the steel stud section, up to it.

Is it not possible to penetrate wall sweeps within a wall design?

Thanks,

Scott D Davis
2005-01-20, 01:10 AM
The problem is, in the window family, the 'cut' is defined to cut the wall...only. I think you can open the window family, and replace the "cut" with a Void, and reload it in your project. See if that will cut both.