PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Problem copying groups

A_Scheer
2011-11-10, 04:55 PM
I have a multifamily hi rise project. I am creating the units as groups and copy/paste aligning them from one level to another, since they stack. Problem is, while the walls and casework families copy as expected, many of the furniture families remain hosted to the original floor they were created on and don't copy up. This leaves duplicate furniture elements on the lower level, and none on the upper. This also happens if I place the model group directly on the upper levels.

I have used this same technique on other projects using the same families, walls, floors etc. and have not experienced this. I am not using worksets, design options or phasing. Any suggestions? I am a bit lost on this one.

ttiefenbach
2011-11-11, 12:32 PM
I've never had this problem you're talking about, so I'm wondering we we can narrow down the culprit. Are these families that are modeled in-place, or loaded in? If it's loaded in, then please post the family that's giving you the trouble and I can look at it.

Also, check to make sure the level you are drawing as has it's "Work Plane" set to the correct level.

rosskirby
2011-11-11, 08:02 PM
This is a know problem with hosted families and groups. You'll either have to exclude the hosted families from the groups, or re-create the families as non-hosted.

Alex Page
2011-11-12, 03:30 AM
Are you sure those furniture items arent face based?
Can you save out the group and upload so we can have a look?