PDA

View Full Version : ATTEXT- Selecting multiple blocks of same type

cjshaw
2005-01-19, 05:38 PM
First time here, looks interesting and maybe someone can help...

I do drawings in which I use a block I created called "cable". The block contains about 8 attributes of which I extract to print labels. If I have a drawing that has a dozen or so of the "cable" blocks no problem; when using ATTEXT and prompted to select objects, I click on one at a time. It's when I have 100 "cable" blocks within a drawing that I may miss a few.
My question: is there a way to select multiple "cable" blocks at once instead of one at a time?
Thanks

BrenBren
2005-01-19, 07:04 PM
You are using LT, but you don't mention what version. If you are using one of the later versions, look into the quick select on the properties dialog. Also, look into the use of filters. You should be able to set your filter, select all objects and have AutoCAD just pick out the objects that fit your filters. You can then add these to your selection set or remove them from the selection set.

HTH

First time here, looks interesting and maybe someone can help...

I do drawings in which I use a block I created called "cable". The block contains about 8 attributes of which I extract to print labels. If I have a drawing that has a dozen or so of the "cable" blocks no problem; when using ATTEXT and prompted to select objects, I click on one at a time. It's when I have 100 "cable" blocks within a drawing that I may miss a few.
My question: is there a way to select multiple "cable" blocks at once instead of one at a time?
Thanks