PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Joining problem between 450mm Double Blockwall and 150mm basic Blockwall

weirdlex988738
2011-11-14, 05:47 AM
Hi everyone,

I am a new Revit User (Revit Architecture 2011). I have been able to solve most of the problems I have encountered, except this one. I have attached an image showing clearly my problem : How can i make these two lines disappear when joining a 450mm basic double blockwall and a 150mm basic wall?

Thanks for your help!

Weirdlex

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-11-14, 08:48 AM
Welcome to the forums.
You need two things to happen for that join to clean up automatically the way you want.

The Core Clean Up settings need to be adjusted as shown in the attached image
The layers you want to clean up need to be in the core of both the walls

Note: If the materials are different the line may appear depending on cut pattern

weirdlex988738
2011-11-14, 12:08 PM
Hi Dimitri,

Thanks for your prompt response. I have followed your instructions, and it seems to work. But having the layers we want to clean inside the core boundary brings another problem : the wrapping at the openings doesn't work (refer to the attached image), as only one layer wraps...

What's the solution?

Thanks again for your help

Weirdlex

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-11-14, 06:03 PM
You'll need to look into the Closure line in your window family.
Have a look at this thread and a number of others relating to wall closure plane and see if you can sort it out.
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=133720&highlight=closure
Without knowing all the conditions it's tough to anticipate all the problems you might encounter. Keep in mind that you may not be able to 'have it all'. Each solution has its own ramifications on other aspects of the model.

weirdlex988738
2011-11-15, 09:26 AM
Hi Dimitri,

Thanks a lot, problem solved!