PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Roofs will not join

BillB_UH92
2011-11-14, 02:12 PM
Hello

The shorter roof in my current project refuses to join to the larger roof. "Part of the roof to be joined misses the target face". But the joining roof is slightly smaller and lower than the target roof. I can not find what part misses the target face. Is there some simple solution?

A portion of the project file containing both roofs is attached for anyone who can explain this.

Also, how does one perform screen capture and paste into a new thread? I meant to ask this earlier. I checked index of my books and the "help" box in the top of the ribbon. Thanks very much to anyone who can explain either/both of these.

Regards

ttiefenbach
2011-11-14, 03:12 PM
I was able to get them to join by stretching the end to the ridge of the main roof. When it gave me the error to unjoin I let it unjoin them. Then I joined it again and it worked.

BillB_UH92
2011-11-14, 03:24 PM
Thanks for trying this... it still does not work for me: Did you do anything special when you stretched the smaller roof? I tried using the little blue arrow to extend the extrusion into the larger roof, it warned me the roof misses the target face, even as I was dragging to extend it. I do not normally have this problem....

ttiefenbach
2011-11-14, 03:56 PM
I just did it again, to make sure I wasn't dreaming. :) I stretched the smaller roof past the ridge, and clicked Unjoin Elements, when I got the error. Stretched the smaller roof back to inline with the ridge of the larger roof, then I used the Join command to join the smaller roof to the larger roof (in that order). I even tried using the Join command to join the larger roof to the smaller roof and that worked too.

BillB_UH92
2011-11-14, 05:15 PM
That is great... It does work for me also. Very strange, but stretching past the ridge seems to make it work....Thanks; this had stopped me in my tracks.