PDA

View Full Version : Wall cleanup problems w/ phases - handles not behaving

noah
2005-01-19, 06:25 PM
I have one area of my project that just isn't behaving. In plan view the join between the new wall and the existing wall should align with the reference line in the attached plan image.

After many attempts of using the split tool and the align tool, join/unjoin, and just dragging the handles I finally got the existing wall to align with the green reference line but the new wall still snaps below. THe current image is really funky - my guess is the join is located properly but the cleanup is messed up because the handle (blue dot) is lower than the line.

I also attached an elevation which shows why this is critical. The new wall (blue) should be butted against the green reference plane so that the walls don't overlap. The little blue extension of the wall you see in the upper right is the part that isn't attached to the new roof so it sticks up.

I should also note that there is a demo wall the butts into these perpendicularly right at the join. This is probably the obvious culpret. However, I tried unjoining the demo wall and that's what you see here.

Any thoughts? Is there a general rule of thumb for troubleshooting wall cleanups when working with phases. I seem to get 90% of the walls to work fine but the 10% are galring. 1% would be unacceptable.

Thanks!

Allen Lacy
2005-01-19, 06:30 PM
Try pulling the new wall away from the existing wall. Using the wall join tool, highlight the end of the new wall and select disallow join. Then drag the new wall back to the existing wall until it butts the existing wall.

noah
2005-01-19, 06:42 PM
That worked! However, I must admit I'm not sure what I did exactly. Seems like that tool is what I'm looking for but I need to read up on all the capabilities.