PDA

View Full Version : 2012 floor plan overlay RCP

The Stig
2011-11-17, 03:41 PM
Need your expertise fellas,

I am working on a floor plan and I want to overlay the RCP (ceiling tiles), is that possible? Currently what I did was convert the RCP to dwg and linked it but sounds a little dumb. Is there a proper way to do it?

Thank you very much.

cdatechguy
2011-11-17, 03:56 PM
Just go the Properties window...Find Underlay...select the floor of the same floor your working in and change the Underlay Orientation to Reflected Ceiling Plan... ;)

The Stig
2011-11-17, 04:02 PM
Just go the Properties window...Find Underlay...select the floor of the same floor your working in and change the Underlay Orientation to Reflected Ceiling Plan... ;)

Thanks, that's what I did the first time but still the ceiling grids didn't showed up. I even played with the view range and still not happening.

Could that be my view range is off? But I tried adjusting the top range to be the height of the floor above and the height of the dropped ceiling but still..

I have read somewhere long time ago that this is not possible, which is I didn't have a time to research more because of the deadline and that is the idea that came to my mind.

Carlos GT
2011-11-17, 08:15 PM
Do you want to see your reflected ceiling plan in the floor plan? is that what you are trying to do?

What shows you the ceiling plan?