PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE PLEASE HELP..... HOW DO I DRAW A SKIRTING BOARD!!

ray.wilkinson544263
2011-11-18, 08:45 PM
Hey everyone, new to Revit and loving it, but how the heck do you put skirting boards and cornices along ur wall?
Ive searched everyhere and i just cant figure it out.
Ive drawn my house and all it needs now is skirtings and cornices so pllllleeeease can somone be so kind to explain a simple step by step way of doing it.

i have another question regards splitting floor finishes but will leave that for now.

cheers
Ray

damon.sidel
2011-11-18, 08:58 PM
Hi, Ray. I think what you are looking for is wall sweeps. In the Wall tool's drop-down menu, you'll find wall sweeps and reveals. First, load or create the profile families you'd like to use for skirting and cornices. Second, select the Wall Sweep tool. With the tool selected, in your Properties window, Edit Type and create a new sweep using your profile. When its all set, click on the wall where you want the sweep. If you select the sweep that you just made, you can drag either end to change the extents of the sweep.

You can also add sweeps or reveals in the wall type itself. Then every wall of that type will have a sweep. Edit your wall type, edit its structure. Open the preview window of the wall (bottom left corner of the Edit Assembly window) and switch the view to section. Now you'll see that the Modify Vertical Structure buttons are enable. Add your sweeps there and it will be part of the wall type.

Hope that helps!

As for the floor finishes: three options.
1. Create different floor types with different finishes. Copy the existing floor and paste in the same spot if you want to start with the same boundary, then you can edit boundary of each to "split" it where you want. Then change types.
2. Create a structural floor type that is continuous, then a separate floor that is just the finishes.
3. In the Modify Tab > Geometry box, use the Split Face and Paint commands. Split the floor face where you want to change finishes and paint one part with the new finish.

ray.wilkinson544263
2011-11-18, 09:18 PM
Damon, thanks so much much its been doing my head in. I wasnt expecting a reply to be honest, your a legend.
I will keep at it, and thanks for the floor finish thing to.

damon.sidel
2011-11-21, 01:38 PM
Here's the steps if you are still having trouble. Make sure you are using wall hosted profiles.