PDA

View Full Version : MORE HELP ARRGH LOL, ANYONE KNOW HOW TO SPLIT A FLOOR FINISH

ray.wilkinson544263
2011-11-18, 08:56 PM
Hey me again , So i have my house , ground and 1st floor. How do i change the finish of the floor in individual rooms. When i put in the floor its all one surface so i need to split it up somehow.
Any help would be much appreciated. I love revit , so much potential but ARRRGH !

damon.sidel
2011-11-18, 08:59 PM
Check out my reply to your skirting and cornice question.

Carlos GT
2011-11-21, 03:03 PM
Use the "split tool" (Modify) to divide your finish floor (you will enter to a sketch mode), then use the "paint tool" to assign the finishes that you want.

Good luck.

rosskirby
2011-11-21, 05:40 PM
Model it how you'd build it. Model the subfloor or slab as one floor, then model a second floor on top of it (carpet, wood, etc.). You could split the sketch and paint it, as was suggested by Carlos, but if you're floor sketch is locked to the wall layout, then moving those walls might screw up the whole system of sketched floor patterns. Modeling the finished floors is the best approach.

DaveP
2011-11-21, 06:18 PM
I'm sure this has been on the Wish List for a while, but:
Oh, if we could only create Floors as easily as Ceilings.
Wouldn't it be nice to be able to use a tool similar to the Automatic Sketch Ceiling to be able to create a Finish Floor just by clicking in a Room?
I suppose you'd still need to fiddle with exactly where the floor changes at the threshold, but at least if you could do Automatic, you'd get the rest of the walls.

ray.wilkinson544263
2011-11-25, 05:23 PM
cheers guys , i did the split thing as my project is to far on to start layering the floor seperately but i would have prefered to have done that. DRAW AS UD BUILD IT is a great thing to keep in ur head. the thing with split tho is that u cant overlap 2 lines in sketch mode if ur want to make say 2 materials next to eachother, u have to make a tiny gap between them. Or can you?