PDA

View Full Version : Advanced adaptive components tutorials?

damon.sidel
2011-11-21, 08:22 PM
I've been through most of the helpful video tutorials on YouTube for the basics of Conceptual Masses and Adaptive Components. Many of them mention the "advanced capabilities" like attractor points or driving parameters of the Adaptive Component with some other parameters, but I can't find any tutorials or help files on the subject! Anybody know if there are more advanced tutorials?

L Wood
2012-04-17, 09:44 PM
Did you check out autodesk university?

damon.sidel
2012-04-18, 01:03 PM
Zach Kron's buildz.blogspot.com is the bet source I know.

Alfredo Medina
2012-08-28, 01:16 PM
Just curious. Where did you hear about attractor points in Revit? Seems to be a feature of Rhino/Grasshopper, not Revit.

damon.sidel
2012-08-28, 05:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ3Pkr4JBao is one instance.
http://buildz.blogspot.com/2012/06/repeat-and-divide-prt-iv-reactor.html is another.

Alfredo Medina
2012-08-28, 05:41 PM
I see. Well, it's not that there is a new kind of feature called "reactor" or a new kind of point called "attractor". The exercises that you refer are applications of already existing features, such as adaptive points, reporting parameters, formulas, and divide & repeat.

damon.sidel
2012-08-29, 01:09 PM
That's true, but attractors are not a feature in Rhino/Grasshopper either, it's a combination of various components.

Alfredo Medina
2012-08-29, 05:01 PM
That's true, but attractors are not a feature in Rhino/Grasshopper either, it's a combination of various components.

Well, I can't tell if that is true or not. I just saw those terms frequently associated with those programs, in some videos. But I don't know about those programs. :)

damon.sidel
2012-08-30, 07:37 PM
You should check them out! There are some really awesome workflows being developed between Rhino/Grasshopper and Revit. And not just for fancy formal things, but also for supplementing some of Revit's shortcomings. For example, we're using it for a cool workflow for GFA calculations.