PDA

View Full Version : 2012 multiple profile help

Elwuud
2011-11-22, 08:18 PM
I created my surfaces and section views, but only 2 of the 3 surface profiles show up. Is there a way to show more than 2 surface profiles in section view? Also, how do I label each profile in that case?

thanks for your help.

mjfarrell
2011-11-23, 05:21 AM
Profile>>Create Surface Profiles

Select all, some or none of the surfaces you want to appear in the profile view

Click ADD, and OK

They will then show up in your profile View (if if has already been created)

Select the Profile View, Rt-Click and select the Profile View Properties

On the Profiles Tab add or remove Label Sets as Desired

If you are using Bands edit the Data Bands to list profile data from the correct profiles in the nbands.

Elwuud
2011-11-28, 08:29 PM
Thanks, but I failed to clarify that I was trying to show multiple section views. below are my steps:

create multiple section views>>select alignment, sample line group, specify station range and section view name>> NEXT >>select placement >> NEXT >> specify offset range >> NEXT >> specify elevation range >> selection display options.....here, only two of the three surfaces show

any suggestions? also when I use the two surfaces and draw section views some of the horizontal and vertical lines do not clip to the section view. Any suggestions on those?

many thanks for your input.

mjfarrell
2011-11-29, 04:29 AM
Elwuud...

Go back to the Sample Line Group Properties

Check the Bottun the reads>>Sample MORE Sources, and be sure that all the sources (surfaces) you want to see in those section views are in the list, or exist in the Left panel to add to the section.

As to Clipping, I would need to experiment with your data to discover the reason for that behavior.

Elwuud
2011-11-29, 02:50 PM
the AH HA moment I've been waiting for. Thanks MJ!

OK...so now I have all my section views in and they are all the same color, presumably on the same layer. What's the best way to change the lines (by type, color, etc) so it will be easier for someone looking at the section views to know which line is which?

Again many thanks.

mjfarrell
2011-11-29, 03:18 PM
For this you would really want to go all the way back to the Create Samle Line stage.
It is at this point when one selects the display style and layer for the sections that will later show up in the section views.

As you probably do not want to go all the way back to there....

You will go back to that same Sample Line Group properties dialog, and set them there.
On the Sections Tab
Select the first Section
Click+Shift Click
and select the last section
Assign the section styles as desired
Click APPLY
Click OK
and Wait while it updates your sections.