PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Section through curved roof - materials not showing

tim100
2011-11-23, 01:02 PM
This is my first post so be gentle.
I have a curved/arc roof with a build up of multiple materials however when cutting a section through this roof it shows only the 'structure' material covering the full depth of the roof.
I've attached relevant images.
Please help!

ttiefenbach
2011-11-23, 07:39 PM
Make sure that your section cut is EXACTLY perpendicular to the curve. The best way to do this is to draw a reference plane from the center of the curve to where you'd like the section cut to be. Then cut the section snapping to the reference plan as you draw it.

edsonasalazar
2011-11-23, 10:52 PM
it might be that you need to change your detail level to Fine on the bottom right corner of your view window, to the right side where the scale is.

tim100
2011-11-24, 01:46 PM
Make sure that your section cut is EXACTLY perpendicular to the curve. The best way to do this is to draw a reference plane from the center of the curve to where you'd like the section cut to be. Then cut the section snapping to the reference plan as you draw it.

Thanks, I gave this a try but still no joy.

tim100
2011-12-01, 09:34 AM

I tried it again and it worked! I'm eternally grateful, thankyou.

ttiefenbach
2011-12-01, 01:42 PM
Glad to help!