PDA

View Full Version : Drawing list.

chad_middlemis
2005-01-20, 05:59 AM
I have a drawing list and I want to put in a type parameter into it, is this possible? Type parameters do not seem to be avaliable in the fields.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

LRaiz
2005-01-20, 06:19 AM
Whatever you're trying to accomplish should probably be done differently. All drawing sheet elements in Revit have the same type and that is the reason why drawings have only instance but not type parameters.

chad_middlemis
2005-01-20, 06:26 AM
We have created a title block which has parameters such as client name and job number which are typed in once and update on all sheets. These are the parameters I would like to get on the drawing list, as well as sheet number and name, which are instance parameters. Is there a way to achieve this, or should I do it another way?

beegee
2005-01-20, 08:40 AM
You can add new instance parameters to the Drawing List for the Client Name and the Job Nunber ( which of course remain the same for each sheet ) , set them as Text format and then type in the name and number once in the schedule, for one sheet and it will then be available to use in the schedule drop down list for that parameter for all other sheets, however it is not linked to the Project Information, which is what I think you want.

LRaiz
2005-01-20, 02:43 PM
Chad,
Titleblocks show sheet instance parameters and in addition they are capable of showing project information parameters. It seems like you already take advantage of custom project info parameters since you type them once and all sheets get updated. However 7.0 scheduling does not provide the capability to show project info parameters as drawing list columns. Just curious, why do you want to have a column of identical values in a drawing list? At any rate, beegee is right and you will need to resort to a workaround like he suggested.

chad_middlemis
2005-01-20, 11:15 PM
Thanks guys, looks like I will have to do it that way. Just as an explanation, we use a system where the job number is quite large and the sheet number has the job number incorporated. E.g. job number 12-3456, and the sheet number will be 12-3456-789. 789 is all we need to change, with the job number updating on everysheet. Just trying to save 3 seconds.

aaronrumple
2005-01-20, 11:21 PM
Two tags. One peice of Text.

<Project Number Label><-> <Sheet Number Label>