PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Types ?

PaulB
2005-01-20, 06:55 AM
Is it possible to have shadows on elevations to be either "Real-World" shadows or "Presentation-Type" shadows.

By "Real-World" I mean that the shadows would be cast on a building relative to its location in the world.

By "Presentation-Type" I mean that the shadows would be cast on all 4 (or more) elevations at the same specified angle and the same height.

The problem I am having is that I am trying to create shadows on all elevations but am finding that the southern elevations are all in shadow (in the Southern Hemisphere).

I have tried a work-around which is to specify the location as London for the south elevations but it is really a hit-and-miss to try and get all the elevations uniform.

Mr Spot
2005-01-20, 07:00 AM
If these are shaded views with shadows and not renderings then yes you can have presentation type shadows.

In you advanced model graphic settings change the shadow setting to directly then check relative to view...

HTH.

beegee
2005-01-20, 07:09 AM
------------The problem I am having is that I am trying to create shadows on all elevations but am finding that the southern elevations are all in shadow (in the Southern Hemisphere).

I have tried a work-around which is to specify the location as London for the south elevations but it is really a hit-and-miss to try and get all the elevations uniform.
Check the box " Relative to View " in the advanced model graphics - sun & shadow settings - directly , dialogue.

PaulB
2005-01-20, 07:18 AM
Mr Spot/Beegee,

Did all that, doesn't work.

Any other suggestions? Do you need to change to Azimuth / Altitude settings (currently 135 / 35 respectively)

Paul

beegee
2005-01-20, 08:13 AM
Paul,

The first image shows 4 elevations with shadows set " relative to view ", which is what I thought you were after.

The second image shows the same building and settings with shadows set Directly ( Not Relative to View ) which is what I thought was your problem.

PaulB
2005-01-20, 08:53 AM
Beegee,

The first image looks like what I'm after but I couldn't seem to change it to that. I'll try again later.

Thanks for the help.