PDA

View Full Version : Detail Component in an In-Place Sweep

brianc900163
2011-11-28, 04:14 PM
Hi,
I can't get a detail component to show up as an In-Place Sweep. I can get it to work as a wall sweep, just not an In-Place Sweep. Can this be done?

renogreen
2011-11-28, 04:27 PM
I've never heard of using a detail component for sweeps. I've always used a profile to create the sweep.

brianc900163
2011-11-28, 04:39 PM
sorry, I forgot a step. The sweep is created with a profile. But the detail component is nested in the profile. I can get the detail componenet to show up in a wall sweep when I cut through it with a section cut, but not when it is an in-place sweep.

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-11-28, 06:00 PM
You won't be able to do this. In the project environment a detail component is a 'view specific' element. In the family editor it can be thought of as a view orientation specific element. When you're creating an in place family Revit has no way to import or place the detail component while sketching the profile.

greg.mcdowell
2011-11-28, 08:18 PM
However it does work in Wall Hosted Sweep... just not in an in-place sweep.

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-11-28, 08:27 PM
However it does work in Wall Hosted Sweep... just not in an in-place sweep.

Because the profile sketch of a wall hosted sweep can't be defined in the project, it needs to be based on a profile family.

jesser
2015-10-29, 08:56 PM
Because the profile sketch of a wall hosted sweep can't be defined in the project, it needs to be based on a profile family.

I am having the same difficulties. But I want to make sure I understand your explanation. We too are adding detail components to profiles for items such as fascias, wall sweeps and find it very helpful. Why when I load in a profile family, with nested detail components and use it in a model-in-place family, creating the element using a sweep, the profile lines are seen, but not the detail components? That seems like a flaw if I am using a profile family and not sketching the profile. This seems like this needs to be corrected.

Am I understanding that it is the workplane that the detail components are placed that is not recognized in the model-in-place sweep? Why does the wall sweep, or fascia tool allow this to work?