PDA

View Full Version : plan of evacuation pipe or eleectric

laurent.jeambrun
2005-01-20, 11:03 AM
Hy, first I'd wish to excuse me my bad English, I'm a French beginner with Revit and I'd like to know if someone could show me an example of plan of evacuation pipe or electric.

Steve_Stafford
2005-01-20, 11:45 AM
Calling Nic M! Any chance this is the sort of thing you can help him with?

Nic M.
2005-01-20, 01:09 PM
Phew French :Oops:

Belgium has 3 official languages French, Flemish (Dutch) and a small part German. I'm one of the Flemish people. The government has spent a great amount of time and money in me to learn the French language. I'm afraid it was money down the drain unless on holiday's and a high level of; chimay (http://users.pandora.be/dvt/trappist/HTML%20files/chimayengels.htm), Orval (http://users.pandora.be/dvt/trappist/HTML%20files/orvalengels.htm) or Rochefort (http://users.pandora.be/dvt/trappist/HTML%20files/rochefortengels.htm) some red will also work. Then my French becomes as fluid as a tsunami, at least in my head.
So since non of these two parameters are the case at the moment I'll keep the honour to myself and respond in my best English.

Laurent,
Attached is a pdf of how we currently do electrical plans.
We mainly do small residential buildings for private owners
The way it was setup:
Duplicate a plan view and set the visibility Graphics of all categories to halftone
Place the elec / light symbols (see further down)
I add a unique number to every switch so it corresponds to a lighting fixture / we use numbers because I think lines clutter up to much my plans. This way I can schedule them using this number as a reference and the electrician can add his comments, notes to the schedule
Schedule the elec / light fixtures and add the necessary info (installation height, comments,...)

The disadvantage is when some switches changes I have to renumber them. But in small residential buildings this is not a big issue.

The elec / light families where made with nested symbol families. I made the symbols according to European regulations but added some color just for clarity on the plans. They also have a shared parameter.
In most families I didn't add any 3d info because our primary goal was to communicate the global setup with the client and the technicality with the electrician.
If you like them I see if I can post them on the exchange site.

For evacuation pipe we use simple detail lines.
Expecting to see more in future releases of Revit.

Hope it helped you.

Steve_Stafford
2005-01-20, 01:13 PM
...Belgium has 3 official languages French, Flemish (Dutch) and a small part German. This I knew and why I "paged" you...:lol:

I'm one of the Flemish people.This I didn't remember, but will now...in honor of your natural un-influenced language, Dank u zeer :beer:

SCShell
2005-01-20, 03:24 PM
Bien venue Laurent!

Je parle un peu, mais, je n'ecrive pas bien. Ou vivres tu?
Steve

laurent.jeambrun
2005-01-20, 04:01 PM
Thank you for your welcome, I live in the east of France, with a few kilometers of Switzerland.
Et pour les "Frenchy" :
Merci pour votre accueil, ,j'habite dans l'Est de la France à quelques kilomètres de la Suisse.

laurent.jeambrun
2005-01-20, 04:18 PM
Indeed, I did not know how to tackle the problem of the electric plan. Thanks for your help. But I have still a problem, I make plan do build an old water mills and I have to draw 3D pipe. Is somebody has it already drawn.

Pour les "Frenchy" :
Effectivement , je ne savais pas comment aborder le problème du cablage électrique. Un grand merci. à vous. Mais j'ai encore un problème, je fais les plan d'un vieux moulin à eau et je dois dessiner des canalisations en 3D. Quelqu'un en a t'il déjà dessiné?

Nic M.
2005-01-21, 07:50 AM
Sorry, no experience in 3d pipe in Revit. It is possible to create some custom generic families. Phil Read posted an example / "how to" of an elbow fitting some time ago, maybe that can help.
The whisper is that this kind of things are adressed in near future release...
Looks like a nice project this water mill. Can you share some pics?

gravelin
2005-01-21, 12:46 PM
Bonjour Laurent,

heureux de te retrouver sur le forum, et encore bravo pour cette participation malgré la barrière de la langue.

Pour ce qui est de la tuyauterie en 3D il est effectivement necessaire de créer des familles paramétrées. Il est aussi possible de faire une famille in-situ.

Et merci à vous tous d'accepter nos message en français

Yves

Hello Laurent,
happy to find you on the forum, and still cheer for this participation in spite of the barrier of the language. As regards piping in 3d it is indeed necessary to create parameterized families. It is also possible to make a in-place family.

And thank you with you all to accept our French message

Yves

SCShell
2005-01-21, 01:50 PM
Et merci à vous tous d'accepter nos message en français

Je vous en pris.
Steve

mjl
2005-01-21, 01:52 PM
There was some round ductwork and elbows on rugi last year I think. Dont know if this could be used for your drawings.