PDA

View Full Version : Drafting tweaks

gbrowne
2005-01-20, 02:03 PM
After spending a few days of intensive drafting, I have noticed a couple of wee things that could do with being sorted.

The display order button. It only allows one object at a time. It would be nice to select several, then put in order.

An extend tool. The align is great, but seems to be fiddly for simple extending.

Trimming. The existing trim tool could do with multiple cut line trimming.

The view break. Works great, but it would be nice to have it removable or something to allow complete view without just deleting the breaks entirely.

I would love the same functionality in the revit drafting tools as we get in regular ACAD.
I want to stay in the revit environment!

aaronrumple
2005-01-20, 02:24 PM
Extend is done with the trim tool. It has 3 modes. Fillet (Corner), Trim/Extend Single, Extend/Trim Multiple. I think you are looking for Trim/Extend Multiple.

Scott D Davis
2005-01-20, 05:44 PM
The view break. Works great, but it would be nice to have it removable or something to allow complete view without just deleting the breaks entirely.
Are you talking about the ability to click the 'break' symbol on a detail callout view that will allow one to split a view up into different sections? And you want to be able to 'join' those back together? Simple drag one 'section' back over the adjacent and they will mend.