PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Large coordinate data survey file

kafka
2011-12-01, 12:07 PM
Hi All,

I know this is somehow repetitive topic and I am trying to establish a feasible workflow for my case.

There is a project that we are building in Revit but previously done in CAD.

All MEP, Structural Engs and Architects are going to use Revit.

I read AU2009 AB9114-1 paper about the topic and other similar articles but all assume the following:

1) You already have a project in Revit
2) You link the survey data and align to the project to some known references
3) You define the survey point location by either Acquire or Define Coordinate at Point tool.

In this case I am starting from scratch and need to link cad files in order to "trace" wall locations etc...

I am starting to link the survey data file (topography) but it is very far from origin. More than 20 mile (33km) radius and hence I get a warning.

If I move the original vector data in Autocad closer to the origin I lose track then of all other CAD files which now share the same distance from the origin.

Basically now all CAD files are somewhere far x= 528493 mt and y=178749.38 from WORLD origin.

How would you advice to proceed in this case?

I was thinking the following:

1) Move the original survey data close to the origin in AutoCad
2) Move all CAD plans I need to trace of the same amount of point 1)
3) Link my survey file as Center to Center
4) Link cad plan to be traced with center-to-center option (hence will be places in the correct position)
5) trace my wall and other components
6) Once model is done Unlink unecessary CAD plans.
7) Define the Revit Survey Point location to match the initial World Origin coordinate of the survey point and Truth north

What do you think?