According to the Revit Wiki:

Filtering is not supported for the following scheduled fields:

Family
Type
Family and Type
Area Type (in area schedules)
From Room, To Room (in door schedules)
Material parameters

Umm... Why? For the sake of not complaining...

How do you filter elements of the same category out of your schedule? For example, doors. We are using wall and door objects for our toilet partitions. These doors should not be scheduled. What I've done is set a filter that determines the mark must begin with a certain character. I don't like this solution and I'm hoping someone else has a better one.

Revitaoist
2011-12-01, 10:26 PM
My favorite for schedules is a yes/no parameter called "appears in schedule".

antman
2011-12-01, 11:24 PM
That was the first thing I tried, but I don't like the idea of having to add a parameter to all my door families just for the purpose of getting them to schedule.

greg.mcdowell
2011-12-02, 01:13 AM
Then filter them out instead of in that way you're only adding it to the door families that should not schedule (I assume you've got fewer of those than of the other).

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-12-02, 03:28 AM
Why not just change the family category for the door to specialty equipment?
I'm guessing that the door you're using is not the same configuration of door that would appear anywhere but your toilet partitions?

ezarun
2011-12-02, 08:41 AM
I have set the Filter to "Height" "is greater than" 1800, so that these doors arent picked up in my schedules.

Joshua Kohl
2011-12-02, 12:24 PM
That was the first thing I tried, but I don't like the idea of having to add a parameter to all my door families just for the purpose of getting them to schedule.

Going with the yes/no suggestion, couldn't you just create that parameter as a Type based Project Parameter assigned to the Door Category and uncheck it in the door types that you don't want to schedule?

No need to put it in all your door families.

Revitaoist
2011-12-02, 05:21 PM
just create that parameter as a Type based Project Parameter assigned to the Door Category and uncheck it in the door types that you don't want to schedule?

No need to put it in all your door families.

yeah, you got it