PDA

View Full Version : Greenhouse Modeling

jcoe
2011-12-12, 10:27 PM
I am trying to model an existing greenhouse and am struggling. How would you approach modeling this (attached image)?

I can do the roof as sloped glazing and I can do the vertical piece as standard curtainwall with cut profile to accommodate the door. I really stuck on the curved transition between the vertical and the roof.

Revitaoist
2011-12-12, 11:22 PM
I'd do the glass and mullions as a single family to utilize the sweep commands in the family editor, then do the brick wall and door in the project setting.

contact.andrewk968454
2011-12-13, 01:24 PM
I agree with Revitaoist. Since greenhouses are typically a 'specialty construction' item, building it out as a family is a great approach. Share/nest the windows in, model the glass structure, and have the brick/door added in in the project.

jeffh
2011-12-15, 03:21 PM
Here is a quick a dirty version I did using massing and then applied a curtain system to the face fo the mass. It would be a little more curved if the segments were smaller. If the curved glass is important you will probably need to do it as a family as was suggested. But for an existing condition this might work to get the idea across.

SCShell
2011-12-17, 03:47 PM
Hey there,
Model a Conceptual Mass and then apply the curtain wall to face? Fast and simple.
Good luck
Steven