PDA

View Full Version : Rail graphics appear backwards in plan

patricks
2011-12-14, 09:02 PM
At one time I remember testing to see how rails behaved with respect to which side of the sketch line the railing shows up on. It appears that a positive rail offset makes the rail go to the outside of a sketch line in a clockwise loop, just like the exterior side of walls. However default rails have a negative offset, and I'm guessing this negative offset is required to get rails to behave correctly that are drawn in conjunction with a stair sketch.

Anyway, I usually sketch stairs without rails and then go back and add rails later, since the ones drawn with the stair sketch are never right.

In an effort to reduce the amount of work required, I have tried sketching rails in a direction that puts the rail on the correct side of the sketch line initially, without having to finish the sketch, click the flip arrow, and then edit the sketch again so I can add my wall return ends. In order to do this, I have to draw the rail from bottom to top on one side of the stair, and top to bottom on the other side, depending on if there's a positive or negative rail offset.

The problem is that after assigning the host to the rail and finishing the sketch, the solid line graphics and hidden "above cut line" graphics are backwards for the rails that I sketch from top to bottom. It shows hidden lines on the lower part of the stair, and solid lines on the upper part, The rail is indeed in the correct position and sloping properly, as seen in section and 3D views.

Has anyone seen this occur before?