PDA

View Full Version : Publish Shared Coordinates

antman
2011-12-16, 04:33 PM
I created a site model for the multi-building project I am working on. I linked in each project and positioned the buildings appropriately, and then published shared coordinates. What I am seeing is that all users need to close completely out of their local file (not just sync) or else the coordinates will not save to the linked project. Is this by design? A known bug? Any way to make it work without making everyone close their projects?

Steve_Stafford
2011-12-16, 05:44 PM
Publishing to another file is much like In-place Xref editing with Acad, it needs to write new information to their file, so it "locks" that file (Acad does). Since you don't have permission to edit that file necessarily the file needs to be "free and clear" for your Revit session to change and save the value to the file. I typically save this task for before or after hours, when the team isn't actively in their project files.

antman
2011-12-16, 07:04 PM
Thank you Steve, good to know. Unfortunately, as we near submittal of this project, 'after hours' begins right around 11PM...

SamuelAB
2011-12-20, 05:36 PM
Coordinating Grids and Coordinates is normally the first step of any collaborative project, I'm not sure how you were able to do anything while leaving this to the last minute.

antman
2011-12-20, 06:15 PM
The disciplines are coordinated within each building by making sure each consultant used Origin to Origin when initially linking the project.

What I was asking about here was for the site. I created a topo and linked that into each building to show earth in section.