PDA

View Full Version : Reference Label in Section/Detail Work Around?

heather.leibman
2011-12-20, 08:51 PM
I understand that all referencing details/sections default to the same tag (ie all sim, all typ) even if you try to change one of them. Since you cannot add an instance parameter to a system family, does anybody have a good work around for this issue? Other than adding separate text above each detail tag to say whether it is similar or opposite hand to the original detail, I can't figure out a way to differentiate. It is driving us crazy.

Thanks

Heather

gabecottam428011
2011-12-21, 06:27 PM
That is a type property of the detail/ section tag. Just edit the type properties, "Duplicate" the type, and tweak the value as needed.

kmarquis
2012-01-17, 08:14 PM
I just tried this and although you can have a "Detail-Sim" and a "Detail-Opp.", you can't have any variation between several views that are referencing the same detail. So for example if I have Detail 1/A5.2 and I reference that detail several times they will all either say Sim. or Opp. Any advice on how to get this to work?

Thanks,

Karen

gabecottam428011
2012-01-18, 02:51 PM
We are limited in that scenario. You would probably have to fake it with some text.

cborgen
2012-03-21, 12:01 AM
I wrestled with this issue about a year ago, and then revisited it today for another project. Lo and behold, a hack has been discovered over at revitforum.org to create an instance parameter for the reference label...so great! I was so impressed that I felt I should spread the word in this thread, which I happened to look at immediately before stumbling across the solution...hth.

http://www.revitforum.org/structure-family-creation/6208-section-mark-added-text.html#post47531