PDA

View Full Version : Room tag on linked files

Wagurto
2011-12-21, 03:07 PM
I have my exterior shell building linked to my interior layout building. Although, door and windows tag can be applied to the linked model, room tags do not recognized the exterior walls on the link model. Is there anyway to solve this problem?
thanks

pfaudler
2011-12-21, 03:15 PM
did you make your external shell building as room bounding?

Wagurto
2011-12-21, 03:16 PM
exactly, I can't use my external linked revit to tag the room

gabecottam428011
2011-12-21, 06:11 PM
What I think pfaudler was trying to ask was:
Did you select the linked exterior model from within your interior layout model, click on the "Edit Type" button, and select the "Room Bounding" check box?

That should solve your issue.

kafka
2012-01-13, 12:47 PM
What I think pfaudler was trying to ask was:
Did you select the linked exterior model from within your interior layout model, click on the "Edit Type" button, and select the "Room Bounding" check box?

That should solve your issue.

It doesn't. you cannot use linked file to detect room boundaries - unfortunately. This should be fixed!

DaveP
2012-01-13, 03:18 PM
Something's screwy, then.
That's exactly what the "Room Bounding" check box is supposed to do.
We use it all the time for exactly your situation - Shell building Linked in to Interior model.

In your first post you said :

... room tags do not recognized the exterior walls on the link model....

Do you really mean Room Tags or are you talking about Room objects? Are you trying to Tag a Room that's created in the Shell model, or are you trying to add a Room object in the Interior model and can't find the walls?

If the room is already defined in the Shell, it may be a Phasing problem.
If you're trying to add the Room, either something's wrong with your project, or (pardon my rudeness) you're not following directions.
Or, as Cliff says below, you're not using 2012.:Oops:

cliff collins
2012-01-13, 03:32 PM
It also depends on which version of Revit you are using. In 2012, as I recall you can Tag Rooms across Links.

cheers

DaveP
2012-01-13, 03:39 PM
Ah! I'll bet you nailed it, Cliff
I didn't even consider the possibility of a previous version.

The ability to tag other Objects through links was added in 2011, but the ability to tag Rooms was added in 2012.

peter.florack632985
2014-04-15, 05:55 PM
has anyone come up with a solution/idea on this thread? I am having the same problem on this particular project that is in 2014. I've compared to similar projects we've had (in 2014), but all parameters seem to be the same. it's just the rooms that are on the exterior (shell) walls.

CADastrophe
2014-04-15, 06:01 PM
Hello, and welcome to AUGI!

Did you make sure than "Room Bounding" is enabled for the Linked Model? (It can be found under the Link's Type Properties.)

stuthill1106
2015-04-02, 02:01 PM
I am having the exact same problem in Revit 2015. The Core model that is linked in has room names in it so I know they exist. I need to create them in our MEP model so I can move them around as needed so I don't want to just turn them on in VG per floor or they won't be editable. Room bounding is turned on in all the links, i.e. Shell, Core, Structural. When I select room tag, it just goes to "Reconcile Hosting". It is not recognizing the linked rooms. I didn't have this issue in a previous project with linked models so I'm thinking it's a setting of some kind in my view template. I could manually separate each room and then add a tag to each room but there are 75 floors and I would be wasting a lot of company time doing so. I also want to be able to control this through the view template and not VG per view since, again, there are 75 floors.
Thank you