PDA

View Full Version : Leaders with no text

vanderloo5
2011-12-23, 05:15 PM
I recently posted a similar thread and I'm unable to locate the results.
I'm having to do several welding symbols which require leaders with no text. Easy enough to just draw them from scratch but I'm sure time can be saved in the future by leaders with no text.
See attachment of engineer's detail. Maybe more recent versions of RA have steps for this but, for now, I'm stuck in 2009 as my pc processor is not compatible with later versions.
Thank You

Revitaoist
2011-12-23, 05:29 PM
You need to make a family for this. Make the leader just lines and filled regions. You could get crafty with visibility parameters and family types for all the different weld symbols.

Mr Ron
2011-12-23, 07:40 PM
I recently posted a similar thread and I'm unable to locate the results.
I'm having to do several welding symbols which require leaders with no text. Easy enough to just draw them from scratch but I'm sure time can be saved in the future by leaders with no text.
See attachment of engineer's detail. Maybe more recent versions of RA have steps for this but, for now, I'm stuck in 2009 as my pc processor is not compatible with later versions.
Thank You I just draw the leader and press escape. the weld symbol is drawn on the leader line and copied as needed. I'm sure there are other ways to do it, but this one is quick and dirty.

vanderloo5
2011-12-23, 08:29 PM
I know that works in ACAD Ronald but it doesn't in RA. At least not RA 2009. I hit escape and the leader disappears.

Mike Sealander
2011-12-24, 01:28 PM
There is a weld symbols family out there, I think at RevitCity. In the meantime, why not just hit the space bar once for your text?

vanderloo5
2011-12-24, 07:20 PM
Thanks Mike,
I'll check Revit City for that.The spacebar trick doesn't work for me.