PDA

View Full Version : Mechanical Link in Color

antman
2011-12-27, 09:57 PM
I have linked in a Revit model created by our mechanical consultant. Everything is displaying (and printing) in color. I have tried to change it to black, but can't figure it out. I *can* change the lineweight and line pattern, just not the color. I have even tried changing it directly in their model.

In both Object Styles and V/G Overrides, for Model, Annotation, Analytical, and Imported Objects, I have made sure 'Show categories from all disciplines' is checked, then expanded every item, selected all, and set the color to black. I have done the same thing in the Revit Links section for that particular link, both on the main link and on the item that shows beneath it in the list.

There are no filters applied. No extra worksets (just Workset1 and SL&G). Nothing other than default phases (completely new building). No design options. Anything else to look into?

The only thing I have found that works is an element override, in the linked file. This is not really a workable solution...

antman
2011-12-28, 04:40 PM
Upon closer inspection, the supply system is blue, the return system is magenta, the exhaust system is green, and all pipes and regular mechanical units are black. Not sure if this means anything, just judging by the lack of response, I'm assuming you are all as stumped as I am. .-)

LP Design
2011-12-28, 05:41 PM
Just guessing here, but I'd bet it is a workset display setting in the linked file. This is a new feature on 2012:
http://usa.autodesk.com/revit-architecture/features/#channels_What’s New

With luck you should be able to make a quick edit in the linked file and call it a day.
Hope this helps,
-LP

antman
2011-12-28, 05:58 PM
Thank you for the suggestion. I had completely forgotten about that feature. Unfortunately, that didn't fix it. The worksharing display was off, but just to make sure I edited the settings and set them all to black. The colors remain. .-(

antman
2011-12-28, 06:38 PM
My amazing reseller (CAD Masters) found the solution. Graphic overrides were assigned to the Exhaust Air, Return Air, and Supply Air types of the Duct System family. I had to edit their model directly to remove the overrides, and now all is well.

hworrell
2012-04-27, 08:16 PM
Hi - Can you tell me the process you went through to change the duct system family? I can't seem to located where to modify those...

thanks!
Heather

bregnier
2012-05-04, 06:05 PM
We have the same problem and "solve" it by printing as black lines (halftone will still work with this setting). Alternately you could try printing as grayscale.

USMCBody
2013-05-28, 09:21 PM
I'm also stuck with this... It would seem just the system is colored, but I can't seem to find the setting. I deleted all the filters an still. Just can't find the override

USMCBody
2013-05-28, 09:36 PM
Found the solution... They colored the system type. Just open up linked file, go to the system browser, right click on the system, Type properties, graphic override, and change the color to no override....

Why everyone would want this to come through the link is beyond me.... does anyone know of a quicker way to fix? Is there a schedule I can make?